All Blog Entries

1. Nail Polish Remover Stain on Wood

This weekend I had a major accident. I spilled nail polish remover on one of my wooden side tables at home. Needless to say, it completely took off the finish on the surface of the table and left an ugly white stain. I was devastated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white_mark_on_table_tl.jpg 
Views:	2695 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	2499

After a few minutes of panic, I consulted the Internet to see if there were any ways to remove the stain. I didn't want to just get rid of the table, because it's still a great side table!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Maintenance Basics

We're still revisiting some of the basics in owning a home. This week we're talking about maintenance!

Name:  maintain.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  10.8 KB

Maintenance is the key to keeping your home in its best shape and preserving the value of your home. Below are some tips to help keep your home in tip-top shape!

- Clean and freshen drains. This means everywhere from bathrooms, to kitchens to basements. Any buildup can lead to costly clogs and/or damage.

- Clean and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Time To Get Back Into The Swing of Things

I hope everyone has enjoyed taking a break and being lazy during the holiday season like I have! But now that we're well into January, it's time to get back to the swing of things.

Hopefully you've decided to make some improvements around your house throughout the year, whether they're big or small. Anything is better than nothing!

I thought it would be a good idea to go over the basics of home improvement, maintenance, and DIY projects just to get reacquainted with the ...
  4. 2014

Happy (early) New Year from Home Repair Forum!!

The new year is almost upon us! Many people start making resolutions to carry them through the upcoming year. Why not make some resolutions regarding your home? It's just as important to care for your home as it is to care for your self and your family!

Here are some ideas for resolutions regarding the care of your home:
    1. Designate one day a month (or week, or every other month, etc) to going around your home
  5. Home Safety During Christmas

Thanksgiving is over, December has arrived, and I'm sure everyone is itching to decorate for Christmas. I know I am!

Even with all the winter cheer in the air, safety still has to play a role in your holidays. Keep reading for tips regarding all aspects of decorating and safety!

Trees and ornaments:
    - If you decide to go with an artificial tree, look for a "fire resistant" label. This doesn't guarantee the tree won't catch fire, but it means the tree won't burn as
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast