All Blog Entries

1. Cleaning Windows Like a Professional

Spring is here, and with it comes beautiful weather. I don't know about you, but I want to let as much sunlight in my home as possible. Therefore, I really need to clean my windows. It's been a while - like, before Christmas - since I've cleaned them, so I know my windows must have a nice film of grime. Keep reading for the best way to clean your windows for Spring!

Name:  window-cleaning.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  52.4 KB

The key to having the cleanest and streak-free windows is to have the
  2. Handy Ways to Use Vinegar Around the House

Did you know that vinegar makes a great cleaning aid? Ok, you probably did, but do you know why? It's the acetic acid in vinegar that makes it so great for household cleaning. Vinegar is proven to be non toxic and antibacterial, making it a great cleaning agent. But enough about the why, let's get down to the how to use vinegar!

Name:  vinegar.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  103.5 KB

1. Kitchen and Bathroom cleaner. Mix half a cup of distilled vinegar with 1 cup of warm water. This is a good basic
  3. Don't Forget to Change the Lint Filter

The big home maintenance items are pretty easy to remember. You know, you've got to clean your chimney before winter, you've got to check your insulation twice a year, etc. However, it's the small things that can really make a difference in the safety of your home.

One of the things you ABSOLUTELY have to check on is the lint filter in your dryer. If you let the lint build up, it becomes a huge fire hazard.

A clogged lint filter also decreases the efficiency of your dryer ...
  4. New Uses for Empty Paper Towel/Toilet Paper Rolls

If you're like me, you never know what to do with the leftover and empty rolls when they've reached the end of life. I hate to throw them away, but what else can ya do with them?!

Fortunately, I found some practical ways to make use of the cardboard rolls! Keep reading for ways to recycle!

- Keep Christmas lights neat. Simply wrap the strand of lights around a paper towel tube and tape the ends down. The next time you have to break them out, they will be easy to use and
  5. Extreme Winter Weather and Your Home

I don't know about you, but where I live we're having some uncharacteristically cold weather. I'm talking snow, sleet, icy roads, the whole nine yards. This has led to terrible road conditions previously, and may lead to power outages later this week. In an earlier post I talked about winter weather safety, and I think now is a good time to revisit that!

Name:  winter.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  59.2 KB

Exterior Preparation:
    -Rake away any leaves or excess foliage from your home's foundation.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast