Thread: Canon pixma ip2600 printer

HayZee518 is offline Deity
    Thanks

Canon pixma ip2600 printer

I cannot for the life of me reset the eeprom on this printer. I have been searching on the web in many, many forums on how to reset the eeprom. I am getting 8 yellow flashes on my display which shows the waste ink absorber is full. According to several forums by pressing a certain series between the power button and reset button, the eeprom should reset. Mine doesn't. I'm at wits end! I'm about ready to find the eeprom and flash it with a battery but then, nothing will work. Can anybody help me? The Canon site is useless. Hayzee

toastixeoh is offline New Member
    Thanks
    How old is your printer? Try to see if the printer will self clean the printer heads. This might not solve the problem but if it can not do this task my guess is the printer heads are busted which can sometimes give this signal. I am not familiar with waste ink storage usually the cartridges are one and done on the paper and do not reuse/waste ink.

HayZee518 is offline Deity
    Thanks
    I use a ciss for ink. My ink absorber shows totally full and with the certain pressings of the power button and reset buttons will not erase the eeprom message. the heads are ok.

Thread Information