Thread: McCulloch FR44 Weedeater Pull start

Indiana is offline Handyman
    Thanks

McCulloch FR44 Weedeater Pull start

Hello

I had problems with my pullstart cord not retracting back in. I wanted to take it apart and clean/grease it, but I let it get the better of me. The coil that keeps tension on the cord flew out and I am not sure how exactly it fits back together. I managed to get the sping back into its little container and I thought I had to fixed. It worked for a few times, then the sping inside unwound some inside the housing. Long story short I cant find a manual that will show me how to make sure I am properly putting this thing back together. Anyone have a good site or anything that might help me? I have been to http://support.mtdproducts.com/cgi-b...duser/home.php
    which is thier support page, but the manuals section does not seem to be working.

TIA
    Indiana

Thanks
    OK, so the manual site is up today. I cant seem to find a model/serial number for this thing anywhere on the unit though. Seems to me it would be on the engine itself, but I am unsure. Anyone know where they put these things? It does not have a sticker as the website describes.

Thanks
    Well, I figgured out how it all went back together and its now working great again.

Troy is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad you figured it out. You are right, I couldn't find any information online about it. I never really found anything useful. Did you find something that helped or just figured it out yourself? Congratulations!

[]

HayZee518 is offline Deity
    Thanks
    I just received a catalog for small engine parts from Foley/Belsaw. They have a site for service parts. The URL is: www.foleybelsaw.com
    Check in there for the rewind - which is what the recoil starter is called.

Thread Information