Thread: Carrier Vs. Trane

moorem is offline Handyman
    Thanks

Carrier Vs. Trane

Hi all. Thanks for helping me on my earlier post. I got my information and pricing together and am now just deciding one thing. Should I buy a Carrier or Trane system? The price is almost identical for the heating units I am looking at, they both have 10 year parts and labor guarantees, and they are both variable speed units with similar BTUH outputs. I'm looking at a Carrier Infinity 80 and a Trane XV80. Is this just a Ford/Chevy, Coke/Pepsi thing, or does one brand consistently outperform the other ? Thank you.

LazyPup is offline Deity
    Thanks
    Both Carrier and Trane are top of the line units, therefore it is just what you stated, coke vs pepsi, Cadilac or lincoln, etc.

If the unit specs are the same, and if the price is ressonably comperable It would then come down to which installer you feel you can comfortably work the best with or which installer offers the best aftermarket followups on warranty or maintenance service.

2story is offline New Member
    Thanks
    Have you considered Goodman? Equipment is pretty well all the same, it is all about a good install.

Thread Information