Thread: Heater/Thermostat not working properly?

GlenC is offline New Member
    Thanks

Heater/Thermostat not working properly?

We just purchased a brand new home. Had it built. Everything is great. With one exception. The heater works but seems to be about 5 degrees off. If I set the thermostat to 70 it will only heat to about 65 and shut off. No matter what temp I set it on it will only get to within 5 degrees and shut off. I am waiting for the A/C guy who installed the unit to come check it out. Just wondering in the meant time what it could be.

Thanks in advance

Glen

Joseph is offline Handyman
    Thanks
    All measuring instruments require periodic calibration to remain accurate. And some new products make it past Quality Assurance without meeting minimum requirements.

My initial thought is that your thermostat's calibration is off by 5 degrees. A simple problem from a functional standpoint; just set it 5 degrees higher than what you want until it can be replaced/calibrated.

Joseph
    You've got to love remodeling your Castle!

GlenC is offline New Member
    Thanks
    Thats what I was thinking (adjusting it a little higher for now). But was a little afraid to in case something else could be wrong. I will give it a shot tonight and see how it works out.

Thanks

Glen

HayZee518 is offline Deity
    Thanks
    check the heat anticipator setting. take off the cover and look for a slider of some sort with an arrow and a scale marked with numbers. these numbers refer to the milliamp rating of your burner controls. look on your burner or valve and find the current draw. there will be numbers of the same value on the thermostat. just set the thermostat to these numbers. what this does is anticipate the rise of temperature of the room when the burner is on and shuts down the burner when the setpoint is almost reached.

Thread Information