Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Monitor 441 Heater

jdybowski is offline New Member
    Thanks

MPI 441 Service Manual Help

I have a desperate need for an MPI 441 service manual. Can anyone help? The heater has been defunct since last year and it's starting to get cold! It has a problem where it comes on for a short time then goes off with all the lights blinking. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the burner chamber. I was able to break it down but now I need to figure out what I'm looking at.

HayZee518 is offline Deity
    Thanks
    send me a private message with your email on it and I'll send a zipfile of the manual. HayZee. The manual doesn't have any pictures on it so if you got questions I'll try to answer them here.

snowmaker is offline New Member
    Thanks

441 heator

i could use info on &serviceing a mointor 441 heater
    Last edited by snowmaker; 09-28-2009 at 07:41 AM.

snowmaker is offline New Member
    Thanks
    i could use a copy of your pdf file for servicing my heater

Thanks
    look inside this section. a member has the file for d/l there. it is just a flowchart that shows symptoms and repairs.
    any questions fire away and I'll try to answer them.

dr.tech is offline New Member
    Thanks

10 year old 441

I have a 10-year old 441 (and a 6-year old one). I do not have a Monitor dealer anywhere near me and have not serviced them since I purchased them. I love them by the way. The 10-year old one has started acting up last season ... shutting off sporadically, low flame, bearings starting to make a noise.

I'm thinking of dropping it off for a full reconditioning when I drive through the area where it was purchased, but I'm guessing that they are wanting close to the cost of a used, refurbished unit (circa $900) to make these repairs to mine.

• Should I consider doing it myself? ....
    • How goof-proof is it to do a major refurb?
    • I saw info on this forum re: options to replace gaskets. What about purchasing other replacement parts, like the pot, bearings, etc.?

I don't mind replacing things that are questionable (if i'm doing the work) so a parts list of what ought to be replaced would be helpful.

Any sage help is appreciated.

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Monitor parts are Monitor parts. They are not interchangeable with other vented heaters even many look the same. The bearings on the combustion blower are the same ones used on inline skates. the gaskets can be gotten from mcmaster-carr at a price way lower than what mpi charges. the temperature ratings on the mcmaster gasket material is higher than what mpi uses. the thermister can be obtained from Mouser electronics in Texas. Other than what I've annotated mpi charges top dollar for replacement parts but those parts are unique to Monitor. A solenoid pump will set you back about $45. The blower motor, $145. mpi gaskets like for the pot access flap is $16.50. The mica or quartz glass ised on the window is $55 for a small 1 inch X 2 inch piece. Boro silicate glass from mcmaster costs 5 bucks for a 2X5 inch piece. Tell me specifically what you want to do and I'll tell you what you need - hayzee.

tommygraves is offline New Member
    Thanks

41 Help Please...

HayZee - amazing help on this forum. Thank you so much! I would greatly appreaciate if you could please email me the 41 service manual. I'm at tommygravescustoms@msn.com. My 41 is acting up again and could really use the manual....Thanks in advance!!!!!

mrsargemeister is offline New Member
    Thanks

Combustion blower question

Hayzee, thanks for supplying all the technical information in this thread, it is very helpful. I have a question about the combustion blower in my monitor 41. This heater is new to me so I am not sure how its supposed to sound. My combustion motor is not completely silent it does emit a noise louder then I would assume appropriate. Maybe you can tell me if this is normal or not. I have removed the inlet pipe from the back of the unit and the impeller shaft moves smoothly and freely with no freeplay. This would indicate that the bearings are good. What are your thoughts? Do the bearings in this motor need to be lubed? If so is this a difficult job? Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    the sound of the combustion blower on its way out was compared to the whinning sound of a jet engine starting. the motor emits a start sound as it gets up to speed. that little motor has to get a six inch disk up to about 1000 rpm. I wrote an email to mpi asking why they never give out a rebuild manual. they said it was an issue of liability. so, here we are examining a product that needs repair but they won't help us. Oh! but they will! At about $150 an hour just to protect their liability.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information