Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage disposal backs- up

After running some squash seeds through the disposal, the next timew I ran the disposal the water backed up through the drain. Pulled the disposal apart, everthing runs free. Ran water a full force through the other side of sink. No backup, water seems to be draining well. I am stumped. Hope someone has an answer before I either purchase a new one or call a plumber.

Thanks!

Are you able to run water through the disposal at all? What do you mean "pulled the disposal apart?" Do you mean that you took out the disposal altogether?

I assume you turned the disposal on and let it grind the seeds? It may solve itself.

Don't call the repairman just yet!
    [8D]

Comment

It ground the seeds and the ice I had followed with just fine. There were know pieces of anything when I pulled the disposal.It drained as soon as I removed the outlet pipe. It's as if I'm getting back pressure from the drain pipe but water flow fine from the other side of the sink. Still puzzled. After removing the disposal I took it to a large sink and ran water through it. Does not seem to have a blockage.

Comment

Check for:

Not enough water.
        Clogged drain line.
        Disposal isn't grinding finely enough.

Remedies:
        Run more cold water when using the disposal.
        Don't use harsh chemical agents.
        Flush with hot water to remove a grease clog, then remove the drainpipe and clear it.
        Replace a dull shredder ring or any broken flyweights.

from: http://www.allabouthome.com/tips/app...chor-The-46919

Also, garbage disposals like 10-15 seconds of water before and after being on. Have you tried the reset button?
        Try

Comment

Working...
        X
        =