Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wiring socket

I'm having problem with an outlet in the garage since last summer that I was running my air compressor and a fuse blew while the air compressor was running. So i replaced the fuse and everything worked fine again, after a week i used the air compressor again and the fuse blew up again. I replaced it but this time the electrical outlet didn't work. I checked the fuses again and the breakers and everything was fine. I had my friend come and take a look and he told me I have more then one hot wire. I know I'm suppose to have Ground, Neutral and a Hot wire for a outlet to work. What can it be? I called few local electricians and their estimates were expensive. My last option is to run a heavy duty extension cord to the garage and it will look awful.

Is this compressor running on 240 volts?

Comment

no it's not, it's a fairly small compressor. I'm going to recheck the breakers and the GFI and try to rewire the outlet one more time.

Comment

I don't know what rewiring of the outlet will accomplish. If its a standard outlet, black to brass, white to nickel screw and bare ground to the green screw. I don't understand what your friend said "there may be another hot??"

Comment

Working...
        X
        =