Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Fence Question

I have to re-do a 50 ft section of cedar fencing due to installation defects by previous owner. The cedar fence was built and stained with an oil base color stain.. The only problem is that when the boards were attached to the frame they were apparently to close to each other and after a wet winter, they have expanded so much they are pushing each other away from the frame... I plan on removing each of them and then reattaching them to the frame.this time with proper spacing to allow for expansion and contraction. This will be done while they are still in the expanded state (post winter / pre summer) and I am sure they will contract as they dry out this summer.... QUESTION.. what spacing between boards should I use when reattaching them?

1/8th of and inch is plenty if installed moist/damp/wet. For this very reason I prefer shadow boxing fences.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thank you

If I had built this fence, I would have done something different BUT.. since I didn't and don't want to replace the entire fence..I won't and I will just make needed corrections.. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X
      =