Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawn's a mess, can I recover / fix this?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn's a mess, can I recover / fix this?

I am not sure what did this to my lawn, but any help / suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am not concerned about the 'barish' spots on the lawn as it will come in very thick in a couple weeks (we walked around on it a lot this winter, so I Have seen this a few times already). What I cannot seem to 'fix' is the light green patch that is almost dead center of the lawn... only weeds will grow there now. I have fertilized, weed n feed, etc. but nothing seems to do anything with this weed. I don't know if it is grubs or bad soil or what that has done this, but 3 years ago I completely tilled up the lawn, re-seeded and then this patch showed up afterwards..

Here are a few pics (sorry, gotta copy / paste these)

img825.imageshack.us/i/p1040038b.jpg/
    img576.imageshack.us/i/p1040040m.jpg/
    img694.imageshack.us/i/p1040039m.jpg/
    img651.imageshack.us/i/p1040041i.jpg/

Can anyone identify the weeds / problem and offer suggestions? Planning on moving in a year or so and would like to cure this problem this year.

Thank you!

take a soil sample to an extension service in canada and see what it shows. it may just be nutrition shy or a high alkaline content.

Comment

Alright, will do... you think it is more of a soil issue than a bug / weed issue?

Comment

LINUXDOOD - I am far from being an expert in matters of lawn care - which, should you look at my current concern re: "acorns - how to remove them" - however, I have used and had a satisfactory outcome in using Scott's Patchmaster - last year. In fact, I will be using it again this year in an area that has a considerable amount of moss - the intent - to remove the moss - put some pelletized lime down - then apply the Scott's Patchmaster and then to cover the area with straw. If I remember correctly the bag to cover 300 sq feet cost under $25.00.

I am not computer literate, and could not figure out how to look at the images that you had supplied. So, this is just a stab in the dark - so to speak.

Comment

Hi linuxdood,
          I also think that the issue is with the soil and the images you have posted is not viewable on my system, so I am able to suggest you more on it.

Comment

Perhaps mow it really short very often to keep the weeds from being noticed. Hopefully they will die eventually because you won't let them grow. You could remove the sod layer and replace it with a different piece from your yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamblake33 View Post
              Perhaps mow it really short very often to keep the weeds from being noticed. Hopefully they will die eventually because you won't let them grow. You could remove the sod layer and replace it with a different piece from your yard.
              I agree with this answer. You should actually do mowing.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =