Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light flickers when switched off??!!

wiring rookie having grief here!! Power comes into box goes to switch and plug then to vanity light and junction box in the attic ( I think?) then to another light switch and fan switch. The problem I have is when the second light switch is turned off the light continues to flicker??

you have to be more specific. three way switches? single pole switches? do you have a switch and outlet in the same box in the wall? [ two gang box] bathroom circuit?

Comment

three wire into gang box to single pole light switch and gfci then out to vanity light and junction box in attic then to two single pole switches that power a light and fan. power from junction box also feeds power to 2 bedrooms and a hallway.
      Last edited by hiwayburner; 05-03-2011, 10:12 AM.

Comment

the gfci does not have to feed the vanity light or the ceiling fan. they are out of reach. purpose of the gfci is personnel protection.

Comment

Trying to understand

Trying to get into your problem. Need to understand a few things. Check out my diagram and get back to me. Which light flickers? the vanity light or the light in the fan.

Comment

the three wire is black white and bare throughout the circuit. the light that flickers and fan are on separate switches. its the light by the fan that flickers. I was told that it maybe because i'm using cfl bulbs?

Comment

diagram of wiring

Comment

When you said electrician newbie I had to ask the question. your wire type designation is wrong. a three wire represents two hots and a neutral. the bare ground wire is a "gimme." the light in the fan flickers. if using incandescent the lamp might be loose in the socket because of fan vibration. the cfl normally flickers because of the mercury inside the bulb. check your wiring below the plug in socket - wiring box.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =