Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H+BEDV removal....

I'm supposed to install an update from my service provider. But there's a meesage that says it can't because of a program and I am to uninstall and then I can proceed. The program I am to remove is H+BEDV AntiVir Personal Edition. I deleted all Anti Vir programs I could find. The search does not turn up anything with H+BEDV in it. What is that and where can I find it to uninstall/delete it?

I think that's possibly related to Avira:

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus

Which is probably better than whatever they're telling you to install instead.
    Try

Comment

The whole thing sounds like a Virus to me. I know some program updates require you to uninstall the old version, or they do it for you; but I've never came across any kind of update that required you to uninstall an unrelated app.

Comment

what you can do, and be very careful about it, is to type in REGEDIT in the start or run window. When REGEDIT shows up is go to EDIT and type in the filename or part of the file name in the box and hit FIND. Every instance that the file shows up in, right click the item and DELETE it. Then hit F3 or FIND NEXT. Do this for every instance regedit finds the file. What you are doing is removing the "mirror-file" found in the registry. Just be very careful because this is the thing that windows runs under.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =