Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no electricity to outlets

I just moved into a new home with a pond/waterfall in the backyard.
    I had been running the waterfall on and off prior to moving in. I just moved in last week and the first night I turned the waterfall on it shut off by itself during the night. Someone told me to reset some switches with black and red buttons in the kitchen and garage. I did that and the waterfall started again. After a few hours I turned it off and then when I turned it back on later, it started and then immediately slowed to a trickle. When I tried to reset the black/red buttons again still the same thing happened.

The person helping me thought it was the pump. But this afternoon we realized that there was no electricity going into the outlet for the pond on/off switch. He tried to reset the electrical panel by turning all switches to off and then on. Now I've lost electricity to half of the outlets in the kitchen which were working just fine before he tried to isolate the problem.

Can there be a bad outlet that is causing this chain reaction? Any idea how what we did today could have led to losing electricity to outlets that were working fine previously?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

could be the wire running out to the fountian, we see people run regular romex underground and that will only last for awihle before the insulation gets eaten away, ;you have to run direct burial or but wire in pipe so it isnt exposed to the ellements

Comment

It's obvious that the pond is fed off the GFCI that you reset, You will need to open the breaker for that circuit and remove the GFCI and test the wires to see if you have power on them, if you do then replace the GFCI with a new one. Also don't run the pond pump until you can verify that the proper wiring has been run to it.

quote:Originally posted by ypw

I just moved into a new home with a pond/waterfall in the backyard.
      I had been running the waterfall on and off prior to moving in. I just moved in last week and the first night I turned the waterfall on it shut off by itself during the night. Someone told me to reset some switches with black and red buttons in the kitchen and garage. I did that and the waterfall started again. After a few hours I turned it off and then when I turned it back on later, it started and then immediately slowed to a trickle. When I tried to reset the black/red buttons again still the same thing happened.

The person helping me thought it was the pump. But this afternoon we realized that there was no electricity going into the outlet for the pond on/off switch. He tried to reset the electrical panel by turning all switches to off and then on. Now I've lost electricity to half of the outlets in the kitchen which were working just fine before he tried to isolate the problem.

Can there be a bad outlet that is causing this chain reaction? Any idea how what we did today could have led to losing electricity to outlets that were working fine previously?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =