Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiant ceiling heat

Hello, this is my first post here and I hope someone can answer this. Our house has radiant ceiling heat and we want to install a ceiling light. Is it possible to do it without ruining the heating system?

You need to try to locate where exactly the lines run, the level of easiness depends on your particular situation, I've come across the systems run between two layers of drywall and I find if I carefully remove a small piece of drywall from the attic side of where I want the light fixture you will see the lines if they are in the way.
    Note I said carefully, if you use a knife to score the drywall don't cut all the way through until you have at least removed the upper layer. The claw side of a hammer works well to gently scrape away at the drywall.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

You should be able to see where everything is running if you go into your attic. This is of course assuming that you do not have a finished attic. You do need to go through the floor above where you want he light fixture to come out, solely for safety reasons. Like pushkins said, do this carefully.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =