Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AO Smith 9723 Capacitor Wiring

I have replaced the condenser fan with an AO Smith 9723 universal replacement. The old capacitor, a 3 pole 5mfd, was bulged (noticed after the fact) I replaced it with a new one and hooked the compressor wires up as they were before. The new 9723 motor requires a 2 pole 7.5mfd capacitor...

Everything is installed and ready to hook up.. My question is how do I wire up the motor to the capacitor to the power supply... There are only 3 wires on the new motor, black, brown and white...

Any help is greatly appreciated... My wife is pregnant and the heat really getting to her....

Here is the wiring diagram that came with the motor

Comment

your diagram suggests the cap be connected between the brown and white.

Comment

I am having the same problem. I’m having trouble understanding the diagram.

The capacitor has 2 poles with 4 prongs on each pole. If I understand the diagram correctly, the brown and white wires connect to the same pole and the black wire will go to the switch. Is that correct? If not does it matter witch pole I put witch wire? I have looked at the capacitor and can not tell any difference in the poles. No dots etc.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by carl in va beach View Post
          I am having the same problem. I’m having trouble understanding the diagram.

The capacitor has 2 poles with 4 prongs on each pole. If I understand the diagram correctly, the brown and white wires connect to the same pole and the black wire will go to the switch. Is that correct? If not does it matter witch pole I put witch wire? I have looked at the capacitor and can not tell any difference in the poles. No dots etc.

Thanks for your help!
          White from motor to one pole, White from power supply to that same pole.
          Brown from motor to the other pole.
          Black goes to to switch on contactor. Paul

Comment

Paul is correct. The brown goes all by itself to one terminal, a white or two whites to the other terminal.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =