Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower control Rough-in Valve

Hi, Group.

Apologies if I should be putting this in my other thread but my shower remodel question is different.

My wife is in the process of looking for a new pressure / thermo control and she has one picked out. She added it to her cart and was then instructed to pick a rough-in valve. There are 9 (nine) choices. We're not doing the install ourselves so I suggested that she contact the contractor with the part number of the control and ask him to advise on what valve we need. Is that the best / only way to go? I have no clue how to select which one we need. I don't know if they would all work and it's just a question of quality / preference, or do we pick specific valve for specific purposes? This is for a shower without a bath tub and there will only be one outlet / fixture as opposed to a fixed head and a flexible hose).

Thanks, Max
    Last edited by Max; 07-06-2011, 08:07 AM.

I would recommend consulting your plumbing contractor, he obviously would probably know the details you haven't given us...
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Thanks, we will contact him. At this point in time I believe he's in the dark as much as we are since he hasn't even seen our shower. So far we've had the design consultant come around, measure, etc. She has her own people for demo and plumbing - she is the tiler. I would prefer not to wait until when they arrive to order the part as that could leave them waiting for a day or two and we can't rip out the shower yet since it's still in use. Catch-22 perhaps.

Cheers, Max

Comment

Tell the plumber which options the valve you want has and let him tell you which one to get.

I just love plumbing jobs when there is an inept designer on the job.
        I guarantee that your plumber, electrician, and carpenter will be pulling their hair out while the designer assigns the blame for things not coming out right and the job falling behind schedule.

"What do you mean the vanity has to come back out so you can change the position of the pipes in the wall?"
        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

I get the impression that this group of people work as a team so hopefully they understand each other well enough. That's the hope!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =