Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF interference caused siren receiver vs. dial tone

My Comtrend modem had been programmed to duplicate as a router.

I didn't know it could run interference with my corded phone (Lennox Sound) nearby.
    Here's an approximate pic., albeit it also has LED display:

junque-ez.com slash images slash catalog slash electronics slash Phone_Lenox_Sound PH-318 dot jpg

The modem socket is directly next to the phone socket on the wall.
    Also the phone was placed right next to the modem.

At first, I'd only hear the siren sound occasionally in my ear piece.
    But now the siren sounds all the time, even though it's now in another room - not near the modem, albeit that room has a portable phone & fax nearby.

Is there any way to fix the phone so there's nomore siren?

From the Comtrend site the modem IS a router. It has connections for four LAN lines [ethernet] lines via the rj-45 cables. Setup shows the ADSL modul connected to your phone line and a telephone connected to the adsl device. a separate rj-11 connects the adsl module to the line input to the router. Is your telephone service dsl?
    I would think in NY you would have a cable system.

Comment

Hi, yes i have DSL because FIOS & CABLE are expensive relative to my financial status. If not for wimpy DSL, I'd be offline altogether eating the luscious fruit of the fruited plain, and the crunchy grains amid amber waves of grain.

And yes, DSL and Verizon have proven unstable lately, but thus far hanging in there with many frustrations interspersed.

..anyway, my problem has been resolved in 2 split seconds by a wiring wiz kid who had hooked up my DSL, and was here re: a different job.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =