Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power

Alright, so I plugged the vacuum cleaner in, started it up and killed the power on all outlets on that line (at least I assume they're all on the same line). I flipped the breaker off then on a few times just to make sure it wasn't just a simple switch. Then checked the GFCI outlet on the circuit as well, even replaced it, still no power (I made sure the lines were correct for load). I'm assuming there's no power going to it at all but have yet to check it. What's next? I don't think it's a problem with the junctions because it happened when I turned on the vacuum cleaner. Any suggestions?

Start at the beginning

When in doubt, start at the beginning.

You need to check incoming power starting at the main panel. If the rest of the house has power and there is no voltage on the breaker feeding that circuit you have a bad breaker. The only way to verify this is to do a voltage check (not with a glow stick but with a real voltage tester).

If the breaker is feeding voltage to the circuit then you move downstream until you find where you lose voltage. Check all you connections and verify you replaced the gfci correctly.

Happy hunting.
    ArchonOSX

Comment

Working...
    X
    =