Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling fan broke?! Help!!

Hi!! How are you?? I think I broke the ceiling fan and I need help asap!! I was pulling the cords because I wanted to make it spin faster, and then it slowed down and stopped, and now it won't spin again. I've pulled the cords, and someone has played around with the circut breakers, but still nothing!! Please help!!

Sounds like the motor burned out. Does it hum or have some vibration?It maybe that one of the wires is loose. The only other thing could be the cord but if you feel it clicking then thats not the problem. Take it apart and look at it but be sure to remember how you took it apart. Ceiling fans are easier to work on when they are hanging so do not take the whole thing down. If you need any more guidance, I'll keep checking back.

T [8D]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Todd

Sounds like the motor burned out. Does it hum or have some vibration?It maybe that one of the wires is loose. The only other thing could be the cord but if you feel it clicking then thats not the problem. Take it apart and look at it but be sure to remember how you took it apart. Ceiling fans are easier to work on when they are hanging so do not take the whole thing down. If you need any more guidance, I'll keep checking back.

T [8D]
      Hi!! Thanks for your reply!! No, it does not make any sound or anything. It was working fine until I pulled on one of the cords on the fan and then it slowed down and stopped. Ok, thanks so much!

Comment

Oh wait!! It does hum when I turn it on.

Comment

If it hums, it probably is the motor.
          Ceiling fans are fairly cheap and usually have a year warranty. They are also fairly easy to install but have someone help you.

T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Todd

If it hums, it probably is the motor.
            Ceiling fans are fairly cheap and usually have a year warranty. They are also fairly easy to install but have someone help you.

T
            Thanks for your reply again!! So there's nothing I can do except replace it?

Comment

I would replace it. It is probably more expensive and a pain to just replace the motor. Someone else may have a better idea.

T

Comment

Ok thanks so much!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                =