Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile Bottomw Freezer Ice problem

I searched but can't find a similar problem here. I have a 1 1/2 year old model no. PFSF5PJYA BB GE Profile Bottom freezer.

I do not always have the ice maker set "on" as we don't use a lot of ice. I turned it on a week or so ago and didn't check for the ice for a while.

I now have a big pool of ice covering the bottom of the freezer - as if the water spout missed the ice mold. I haven't yet removed the drawers to look.

Any advice? Thanks.
    Last edited by Roo; 09-09-2011, 07:54 AM.

Defrost water drain problem instead??

Originally posted by Roo
    GE Profile Bottom freezer model no. PFSF5PJYA BB .

I have a big pool of ice covering the bottom of the freezer - as if the water spout missed the [icemaker] ice mold.
    While that could be a possibility it think a plugged defrost water drain might be more likely.

After fully defrosting the fridge (ie. turning it off for 12-24 hours with the doors open) you can try turning off the water supply to the fridge (not just turning off the icemaker) and seeing if the ice returns. If the cause is the defrost water drain, a water buildup should begin within 24-48 hours of use once the unit has had a chance to go through at least one defrost cycle

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
    X
    =