Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose vintage storm windows

Hello, everyone. My vintage wood storm windows are each hung in place with one metal hinge at the top. There is a handle at the bottom to pull them open for cleaning (the inner window does not open), and an inner latch at the bottom to help keep them closed. The problem is they are too small for the window opening in each case, and rain is getting in around the windows and even finding its way to the inside of my house as evidenced by drips on the wall below the windows. I'm looking for a way to insulate or tighten the areas around the storms. Certainly foam insulation would get wet and be of no use. I read on OldHouseJournal.com that there are metal (bronze v-type) and EPDM rubber insulators. Would either of these be a good choice? I assume I'll be putting the insulation across the top area and down the sides, but not at the bottom so as to leave space for any wetness to escape. I would appreciate some guidance if anyone has any to give. Thank you.

two places to try are: renovator's supply, millers falls ma and the www dot rockler dot com site.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =