Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door closes with jerks

Have a Sears 3/4 hp garage door chain drive opener, installed May/2011. Ever since it was installed the door jerks very hard on closing, enough to think it might loosen it's mounts. One guy came and adjusted the limit and force adjusters but after a few days it went back to jerking.

Hope to find a solution here and spare myself some money and cautious about garage installers as to who's reputable and who isn't.

any suggestions appreciated.

check the alignment of the tracks from the ground all the way up to the opener. make sure the tracks are 'plumb" that is perfectly vertical, with a level. check the trucks or wheels of each door segment.

Comment

garagedoors

Failure to install this stiffener can result in the jerk of the electric lift unit slowly bending the top panel of the door until it jams the system.We offer a complete range of garage doors, we service residential garage doors and in the near future we will handle commercial garage doors.

Comment

Check to make sure the tracks are straight - that the bolts are tightened all the way. Check the rollers as well.

Next check the chain tension on your opener. If there is slack in the chain this rough start could happen.

Whoever installed that should warranty it for AT LEAST 6 months-1 year. If you can prove it was installed incorrectly he should fix it even longer.

Check the angle of the arm that connects the opener to the door (j arm). It should not be too vertical or horizontal.

Lube the door in the mean time until someone services it.

Comment

Garage Door Jerks...

I have this same issue. Found a post on another site to spray WD-40 on the stationary pulleys as the bearing are worn out. That fixed my problem. It's a temporary and you'll need to replace both pulleys.

My garage door is about 12 years old. It would jerk when the it was about 3/4 way closed.

Comment

WD-40 is NOT a lubricant! It is a formula that is meant to displace moisture. Used on ignition systems.

Comment

Hi I think that you may have problems with the garage door springs.
              You need to check how the door functions manually and if it's heavy to lift then it's defiantly a garage door springs problem

Comment

Working...
              X
              =