Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KitchenAid Dishwasher (Model KUDP02CRBL1) Slow Leak From Underneath Unit

I have a KitchenAid Dishwasher that just developed a slow drip leak from underneath the unit. I took the bottom cover off, and found where the drip is leaking down onto the floor. I can't actually see where the leak is coming from, but only where it is dripping to before hitting the floor. It is hitting a plate right above a copper tube. I have attached pictures that I took facing the unit so that you can see where it is dripping. Any ideas where this may be coming from? I haven't pulled the unit out completely yet so that I can get underneath it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Any ideas where this may be coming from?
    Not without investigation. It might be from a connection at the valve or coming from someplace above it.

LINK > KitchenAid KUDP02CRBL1 Water Fill Valve

How long has it been installed? Any changes to the plumbing since?

I haven't pulled the unit out completely yet
    Doing so might make it hard to run the dishwasher to see where the leak is coming from. Have you tried using a mirror and light while the machine was running?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. The unit was installed when the house was built about 7 years ago, and there have been no changes in plumbing. The unit leaks even without running it. I haven't tried the mirror idea, but will give it a shot. If I can't see anything, I will then take the unit out. Thanks for your help.

Comment

If it leaks even without the machine running it could be a problem with the valve or the plumbing connection rather than in the dishwasher itself. Whether the valve needs to be replaced or just the fitting tightened would have to be determined.

BTW. It looks like copper tubing was used to connect the water supply. It might be difficult to pull out the dishwasher without disconnecting it. If the connection has to be changed you might want to consider using a flexible braided stainless steel water line (see the following link) which will make servicing in the future easier.

LINK > Flexible Dishwasher Line

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

Last edited by Dan O.; 10-16-2011, 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
        X
        =