Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a repaint?

Ok so I moved into a home recently and have been doing catch-up on its repairs. Sadly I got to the garage door to late it seems. Went to go open the garage one morning and it sound like something sheared int he opener. Took a closer look at the door since I've been manually opening it and it has a slight bow in the middle of a couple of the panels. This door was put in likely when the house was built in 1978.

So is this something I can sand prime and paint and get a new opener installer and be alright? or is this a sign that its time to lift this winter and buy a new door in the spring?

aluminum or wooden door?

Comment

its a wood garage door. Likely over 20 years old. The cost of purchasing a new once so far has got me down. Money is tight after redoing the living room and new nursery, its a 16 * 8 door

Comment

You will probably save money in the long run by just getting a new door. The amount of time and effort you will put into fixing a 20 year old door isn't worth it. (especially a wooden door subject to rot/moisture)

You will probably spend $250-350 fixing the springs and opener and getting the door back in adjustment. Not to mention repainting etc.

DEF get a new metal door!

Mike
        Garage Door Parts
        Last edited by stampdoorparts; 12-26-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =