Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Heat Noise

Excuse my ignorance guys but I have a silly question.
    We bought our house in May and we have not had to use the heat until now. However everything was working when we bought it.
    When you turn on the heat the fan kicks on like normal, then when the system is primed or whatever, and the heat tries to kick on, there is a whining sound coming from the air handler. Correct me if I am wrong but this should not be a blower issue because it does not make the sound when cooling or with just the fan. Right? So what could this be? Any help is appreciated!

Central Heat Noise

Originally posted by acsudberry21 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance guys but I have a silly question.
    We bought our house in May and we have not had to use the heat until now. However everything was working when we bought it.
    When you turn on the heat the fan kicks on like normal, then when the system is primed or whatever, and the heat tries to kick on, there is a whining sound coming from the air handler. Correct me if I am wrong but this should not be a blower issue because it does not make the sound when cooling or with just the fan. Right? So what could this be? Any help is appreciated!
    The first fan that comes on is the inducer fan. The main blower should not come on for 30 second to a min. after main burner. So i would say the noise would be in the inducer. Does it have oilier s on it?. Over the years we have had shaft
    make a noise around the seal. Paul

Comment

Thanks for the response. I have not been under the house to check yet. Is it pretty easy to get to? I would assume I'll just have to take off a panel to get to it right?

Comment

Central Heat Noise

Originally posted by acsudberry21 View Post
        Thanks for the response. I have not been under the house to check yet. Is it pretty easy to get to? I would assume I'll just have to take off a panel to get to it right?
        Yes you might have to take a door off. If it has a door switch you might have to push the switch in to run it. Paul

Comment

Thanks for your help turns out it was an electrical relay rattling. Pretty easy fix!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =