Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 21 question

Hello All:

I just put in a new combustion motor in the 21, the heater will come on with 4 lights and increases to 6 - never gets to 8 bars.

Also noticed that the digital display is not displaying fully, I have not changed out the electronics in the top panel but might try that. Also
    noticed that the heater does not step down.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

I did switch the top electronics and that made a difference. Full status
    lights came on.

Comment

the burnere status worked fine, looks like I will need to switch the other panel that controls the temp, it seems to go up fine but does not respond to lowering. Will swap tonight and try again.

I will soak both of the original electronics and see if that takes care of them - have done it before and it corrected issues. Not sure if dust or dirt gets in them and causes them to malfunction.

On the road to recovery.

Still get an orange flame, new burn pot and ring and now combustion motor. The newer models you can turn down the pump pulse but don't like trying to do it on the pump controller.

Comment

M21 yellow flame

The last thing you touch is the fuel controller. You need to look at the solenoid damper. Also did you replace the gasket on the top of the burner pot (part# 6114)when you put the new one in? Did you get a new burner insulating pad or did you use the old one on your new pot? Either is OK. Did you put a Standard Air damp back into the air hose? Lots of things to think about BEFORE messing with the fuel pump.

Keep us posted,

Tom

Comment

New burner pot - replaced the top gasket - new, used the original bottom gasket. Installed a new burn ring and burn pot as the same time last fall, that is why I thought it needed a new combustion motor.

Running with a standard air damper in the air input hose. I replaced the rubber o-ring on the damper and doubled checked to see that it was still there.

Have not messed with the fuel pulse.

Comment

items replaced plus a new combstion motor

6182 Burner Pot
            6181 Combustion Ring (aka Flame Spreader)
            6130 Chamber Gasket
            6119 Flame Rod Gasket
            6117 Heater Cover Gasket
            6115 Heater Gasket

Comment

M21 Yellow flame

msearcher,

Look under the air cap on the flue pipe. Make sure there is no exhaust gas coming into the air side of the flue. Also look outside at the flue. Make sure there are no holes in the exhaust pipe far enough back to allow exhaust to be sucked into the air side. Before you have to mess with the fuel pump controller be sure to measure the fuel flow. You should see 10.5 CC on high and half that on low.

Tom

Comment

how do I measure the fuel flow? I do have a meter but never used one much.

Thanks
                Tom

Comment

I did clean the carb and filter when I installed the combustion motor.

Comment

flue pipe

Have you had a chance to check out the flue pipe? Under the air cap and outside at the inside brackets the secure the exhaust pipe to the air pipe.

Tom

Comment

the exhaust and air hose are fine, replaced the pump controller and pressure switch as it was shutting off. that seemed to fix that problem, more orange flame now.

thinking of taking out the heat chamber and exchanger and check the burn pot and clean out the heat exchanger to be sure that its cleaned.

Comment

took the burn pot out to check the mat and burn ring, new factory burn pot last year and looks like they never glued it down properly.

Replaced the pot with one I had ready and its made all the difference!

Guess I am all set on heater now.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =