Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rip Fence Died for my craftsman 10" table saw

Thanks {vb:rawphrase post_thanks_given 
     Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HayZee518 View Post
    the site {ereplacementparts dot com} can get a replacement rip fence complete but I don't know if its an updated one for around 80 bucks
    My tablesaw is from grizzly imports and sometimes I have to tweak the adjustment from time to time, but most of the time its right on. try ereplacements.
    I went to the Sears SVC, and since it was their recall I am hoping the can install the piece correctly because I certainly failed at doing so...Hopefull they can do it at no charge ( doubtful )...at sears direct parts they can send it to the Sears SVC for $68. free shipping if this thing fails to get adjusted.....

Thanks for the info of the recall in the first place and thanks for all the help you give others here!!

V.
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I bet.

I went to the Sear/craftsman forum and sent a note. The customer servicefolk contacted me inmmediately. Because this was part of a recall, I get to send my fence in to the SVC and it will be fixed FOC!!!

3-4 years later I think everything will turn out swell....!!
    Quote Originally Posted by littenhope View Post
    sorry for your loss

Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    They tweaked the fence but it is still off and requires lotsa back and foirth to make an accurate rip. I think I will have to break down and buy a new craftsman fence for about $80....worked fine before the recall kit...any one suggest an after market fence for this daw,,,it is a decent saw: 137.218300

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    470 Posts
    I never had much luck in any rip fence that locked by a knob or lever "at one end!" If the rip fence travelled along two parallel tubes or pipes fastened to the saw table on opposite sides, I'd put more credence on it being true. But I always check before making a cut. OK the table is fixed, it cannot move. However the rip fence is movable side to side. at the far end is a clamp that hooks to the underside of the table, the near end has a similar looking clamp that locks up when a lever is pressed down. It also actuates a rod travelling the length of the fence to the opposite clamp. these are the variables - both clamps can bend away from the table and let the rip fence move. the saw you have, made by sears or a sub-contractor for sears gaurantees quality at the time of manufacture. It cannot guarantee the accuracy after being used. my only suggestion is to buy a more quality piece of equipment if its accuracy you're after. sears lacks in quality for the home handyman who occasionally uses the power tool. a contractor's saw might be a better bet, but not by sears. I'd go with grizzly imports first before going to any american made appliance. their table is cast iron, not cast white metal or aluminum. the rip fence is steel. the motor is separate from the saw arbor, not one piece, uses v belts.

Thread Information