Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansui VRDVD4005 Recorder

My Sansui VRDVD4005 does not accept VHS tapes. It will either reject a tape after loading it or will not let the tape be fully loaded. IFIXNC said it can not be repaired. I'm not ready to junk it yet. Any suggestions?

Never mind, I fixed it! There was a foreign object inside.

Comment

Sansui VRDVD4005 Recorder

I've run into another problem!! The remote will control all functions except the set up menu. When the button on the remote is pressed and the set up menu appears , nothing happens when the down arrrow is pressed to make a selection. I've unplugged the unit for several minutes, but this didn't correct the problem. All other functions work ok with the remote except for this problem. Any suggestion for what I try next?

Comment

I'm now able to navigate within the set up screen, but now another problem has developed. When I press the "dubbing" button nothing happens. The manual states a yes/no record message should appear, but it doesn't. I'm trying to dub a VHS tape to a DVD. Any ideas what may be causing this problem?

Comment

inside the remote are thin film tactile switches. each button has a carbon slug that makes and breaks a connection on the film. you could try cleaning the thin film with a pencil eraser and or alcohol and a q tip.

Comment

What is the best way to pry the remote open? I tried with a knife but was reluctant to apply much force for concern about breaking something.

Comment

I was able to open the remote and I cleaned the film, but it didn't fix the problem. All other functions work ok, but still can't dub.

Comment

When I press the "dubbing" button on the remote, the LED lights up, so I don't think the remote is the problem. It must be a problem inside the recorder. Looks like future dubbing will have to be done on a new unit.

Comment

Even though the remote LED lights up as I describe, could the remote still be the cause of no dubbing?

Comment

only way would be to purchase a universal remote with the same characteristics as yours. chances are two remotes couldn't be at fault. could be the logic board in your unit.

Comment

I ordered a new remote from Orion (Sansui) . It's returnable if that's not the fix. I'll post the results.

Comment

A new remote did not fix the problem.

Comment

The LED light up, so I don't think remote is the problem. It must be a problem,,,,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =