Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best antivirus

You know,there are so many antivirus are available in the market such as Avira,Kaspersky,Avast,Macfee etc. But I am very much confused what antivirus should I use? What things should be countable to choose a best anti virus?

Regards,

any software that gets what's out there. I personally use AVAST. It updates itself on a daily basis, it's totally free. It stops anything that tries to compromise my machine. Norton costs $$$, McAfee costs $$$. Avast has removed heuristic virii that both mcafee and norton went right past!

Comment

I'm a certified system network engineer and if you sadly have to use a Windows based system that's plagued by spyware / adware / viruses and other malware, I'd highly recommend AVG. It's award winning and free...

I can't link URL's due to post count but a simple Google search will take you right there. Make sure you don't download any software from strange mirrors. Get the files directly from their site.

Comment

I've used AVG too its really good, along with Ccleaner

Comment

Agreed. Ccleaner or better know as "CrapCleaner" is a free and amazing tool. I personally love the registry cleaner.

Comment

Spydoctor.
            But i use avira because it's free and works well enough.

Comment

AVG is best. However I also recommend "Advanced Systemcare", its free software with a lot of tools to help speed up and clean PC.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosinFL View Post
                I'm a certified system network engineer and if you sadly have to use a Windows based system that's plagued by spyware / adware / viruses and other malware, I'd highly recommend AVG. It's award winning and free...

I can't link URL's due to post count but a simple Google search will take you right there. Make sure you don't download any software from strange mirrors. Get the files directly from their site.
                AVG is all I have used on all my computers for well over 10 years. It just simply and effectively does the deed as expected. I can't see paying for a name when I get as good a result for free.. I back it up with Spybot Search and Destroy also Malwarebytes. I run each ot those whenever I think of it to clean up any little malware critters that sneak in.

Comment

I am a tech, and have sworn off of the free stuff since it has caused more problems than resolved.

That includes Microsofts product.

You need to run at least 2 products, an antivirus and a malware program.

I recommend ESET and Malwarebytes. Pay the lifetime 25 dollars for the malware bytes.

No one antivirus is perfect, they all have their issues buit as I have stated, the free onse have just let too much thru.

Comment

AVG free "ONLY" protects against virii and ads. You have to purchase the full program to utilize the network protection, email protection etc.
                    Avast does all this for free.

Comment

I think I have the best protection. I have two computers and a KVM switch. For those that don't know, KVM stands for "Keyboard, Video & Mouse" and a KVM switch allow you to have up to 4 computers running and switch between them with the "Ctrl, Ctrl" hot key combination on your keyboard. So, you're always using the same, keyboard, monitor and mouse, but switching between 4 different computers with them. I find that's excellent cuz I rarely use my business computer to get on the internet, and I don't do any important work on my surfing computer.

If I get a virus, I simply format the hard drive on my surfing computer and reload Windows XP, and I'm good to go again.

There hasn't been a virus written that can survive a low level format.
                      Last edited by Nestor; 05-13-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

anti anti

there will always be hackers. they derive pleasure in knowing their hacked programs will attach themselves to unknowing users and just maybe glean some information on that user. anti virus is supposed to detect unscrupalous attachments and quarantine them or completely remove them before it hits the registry. there will always be programs that are better than the last and with it the competition that mine is better than yours. the user's choice is up to him/her. pay for it or don't pay for it. go to the avg site and look what is offered in the free vs the pay to own. ccleaner is a good program, BUT you need to be careful. you can disable programs that you don't know you are deleting. I had this happen to me when I removed a couple of items, only to find out it disabled my entire spreadsheet program and the computer would not accept a re-install. just be careful!

Comment

I haven't used any anti virus for as long as I can remember, most anti virus software slows my system down. If I do get a virus I first run ComboFix, then Malwarebytes then Spybot in that order, never fails.

Comment

I have found following and sorted these all in ascending order

1. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
                            2. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
                            3. Panda Antivirus Pro
                            4. F-Secure Anti-Virus
                            5. AVG Anti-Virus
                            6. Avast! Pro Antivirus
                            7. G Data AntiVirus
                            8. BullGuard Antivirus
                            9. Avira AntiVir Premium
                            10. ESET NOD32 Antivirus

I think it may vary on personal experience.

Comment

I am using AVG and it is pretty good. I have not had any problems. Although there is something annoying about it. Every now and then when I don't need it, it starts updating the database and it sucks! It uses too much resources.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =