Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony MHC-1600 very low volume

Hello, I would appreciate your professional advice. Here's what's going on with my receiver model (Sony MHC-1600). When I turn the power on the receiver, all the features seem to work correctly, Clock /CD/ Radio look good.

Here is the issue:
    RADIO: The Radio tunner shows the dial with no reception or sound AT ALL with and without the antenna.

CD: when I play the CD, the sound is so low that I have to turn the volume all the way up to hear it. the sound is perfect, is just too low. Same thing on the phones output. I tested a few things, I connected an external cd to the aux inputs on the receiver and kept the volume maxed out for a while. I could hear the cd but it was still really low in volume. A few minutes later, I heard almost an explosion when the sound became normal, so I had to turn the volume down quite a bit. I tested the radio, and it was working perfectly as well as the internal cd. it worked for a few hours as long as I kept it on and warm. I turned off and back on for periods of 5 minutes a few times and it still worked great, but when I shut it down for an hour, it stopped working completely. Radio seemed dead, no sound like before and the CD had very very low output sound. what could this be? is this a small part that can be replaced and what's triggering the sound to comeback? can this be fixed? this component is just to good to let it go, the components and all the pieces are fantastic, from the old days of sony. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what do you know in trouble shooting audio devices? how much electronic experience have you had? can you follow a schematic? do you know the difference between direct coupled audio stages?

Comment

Working...
    X
    =