Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom drain backs up

Good evening Home Repair Forum. I have a problem that has been kicking my butt for about a week now. I have a sink in the upstairs bathroom that will not drain. Here is what I have tried so far. I started out with draino on several different occasions. After about 2 gallons, I decided to take apart the trap and snake the line. I was able to get about 3 1/2 feet through the pipe. I put everything back together and did the draino treatment again.

To my frustration the sink will not drain. I then brought up the hose and hooked this balloon type attachment to the hose and inserted it into the pipe in the wall. It forces water through the pipe with no problem. Now I expect to hook up the pipes and it to work. Much to my suprise the trap fills up and does not drain. I was wondering if the vent could be clogged. Wouldn't that cause other drains to be slow or to not drain at all? If you let the water sit, it will eventually drain a little bit. I am at my wits end and my wife is getting increasingly frustrated as well.

I wish I could afford a plumber but it is not in the cards right now. In my area everyone wants about $75 just to show up and $150 just to diagnose the problem. I am hoping to fix this without calling a pro since money is tight. I hope you guys can help us out!

go up on the roof and try the water pressure expanding plug again. seems like your problem is the vent - not the drain part.

Comment

Your drain is plugged and it needs to be snaked out properly to restore drainage.

The vent is not the problem I guarantee it....
      Venting issues seldom cause problems draining...
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

I ran water through the stack and tried the sink and I had no change. I rented a good snake and then forced water through the pipes. Its clear now! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =