Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator leaking water - Kitchenaid Superba KSRA25PNSS00

Just bought a house and the refrigerator that came with the home is a Kitchenaid KSRA25PNSS00.

Turned the water on at the valve and the next day there was water all over my kitchen floor.

I checked all the accessible valve fittings and hoses and there are no noticeable leaks or water dripping; the drain pan was completely full however.

Played around some more and figured out that when you use the water dispenser; water flows into the drain pan as it dispenses water.

Anybody know how or what I need to do to correct this problem?

You can reply here or send me an email. Thank you in advance for any helpful assistance.

when you use the water dispenser; water flows into the drain pan as it dispenses water.
    The drain pan under the fridge ? ? ?

If so, maybe you can have someone watch it while activating the dispenser to see where it is coming from.

Usually any water in the drain pan comes from the freezer section each time the fridge goes into defrost (1-2 times per day max.). Excessive frosting of the evaporator (cooling) coil could cause excessive water in the drain pan but that shouldn't be connected with the dispenser operation in any way.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I have the same issue, I just heard a leaking sound coming from the bottom..I took off the front grill and looked and and saw water not dripping but a small stream of water coming from the back from a blue looking device...I thought there might be a small hole or something split..So I turned off the water and took off the lower back panel(only panel on the back) and saw where the water was coming from...Plugged the refrig back in and turned back on the water...and nothing, no leaking. I've heard water coming from the unit before but I though it was the ice machine filling up...Here is a pic of what I saw the water coming from when I looked from the front...When you mentioned that the water does enter that drip pan one or two times a day on its own, maybe thats what I heard?? Click image for larger version

Name:	0214151746.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	87329By looking at hte pan it does look like there has been water in it before...But this is the first time I've noticed it coming from the bottom..

Comment

Is there a problem??

small stream of water coming from the back from a blue looking device.
        That blue item in the picture is the water valve for either the icemaker or water dispenser (or both). It would be very unusual for water to be leaking out of that valve onto the floor (or elsewhere) without the valve being physically broken. Normally there would be no chance of that valve getting physically broken after initial installation of the appliance. There is no wear and tear on it. There might be sound as water ran through the valve during normal operation of the icemaker or water dispenser.

When you mentioned that the water does enter that drip pan one or two times a day on its own, maybe thats what I heard?
        Possibly (see the following link).

LINK > My refrigerator is making strange sounds. What is wrong with it?

If water is not leaking onto the floor, there likely is no problem. But while you're poking around you might want to make sure the condenser coil is thoroughly cleaned. It should be done several times a year.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 02-15-2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

OK.But when I heard the water leaking and I looked from the front (at first before pulling the unit out)after pulling off the grill..I saw a small stream of water pissing into the drip pan....It seemed to come from the location of the "water valve"....Now maybe it wasn't the valve but it did come from that area..But when I pulled the refrig out and unplugged and turned of the water(in fear it would over flow)..I turned everything back on and the only thing that came back on was the cooling fan....When the it goes into "defrost mode" does the water enter the pan from somewhere around the area in the picture? And the condenser coil you mean from the back of the refrigerator? because the front behind the grill is where I do clean often..But can't get behind that "other grill" that you can't pull out..looks really dirty back there also...Thank you for your time....I'm tired of paying $75.00 service calls and have people show up and do the same crap I can do then have them shrug their shoulders and say "if it acts up again call us back" and they have done nothing..... So I learned to do the research and fix it myself..

Comment

If there's NO water on the floor there isn't a leaking problem

When the it goes into "defrost mode" does the water enter the pan from somewhere around the area in the picture?
            The picture isn't very clear and I have no specific experience with the OP's exact fridge model (and you never supplied your fridge's model number). There will be a tube that exits the cabinet beneath the freezer compartment, above the drain pan. The defrost water will drip into that drain pan from that tube.

And the condenser coil you mean from the back of the refrigerator?
            I don't know about on whichever model you have but the condenser often needs to be accessed from the rear, yes. A stiff bristle brush is usually needed to be used on it.

LINK > Condenser Coil Brush

Dan O.
            Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =