Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onkyo Integra A-SV810Pro. I screwed up my repair, can someone help?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onkyo Integra A-SV810Pro. I screwed up my repair, can someone help?

Hey,

I was having a small problem with this Onkyo surround amplifier.

There was bad contact in the output protection relay and I was going to order a replacement.

However, I first decided to measure the coil voltage. It was about 12V as expected. However, on my scope it showed a ripple of about 5 volts.

I thought this seemed a bit much, so I had a look at the power supply. Most the big capacitors were fine, but a few of the smaller ones had high ESR (3-5ohms, when less than 1.5 would be expected), and I replaced some of them. Then I put the amplifier back together. So I switch the amp back on, relays click and display looks as usual. Everything seems fine, except I now have no sound at all. In the headphone output I have a buzz, but no sign of the signal i'm feeding the input.

I've checked the power transistors, and the input signal does not reach them. So I guess by repairing the PSU I have only made matters worse. Now I really need some help with this thing. It's packed with electronics, and it's difficult for me to understand even where to begin looking for a signal. This sort of reminds me of when I last tried repairing a surround amplifier, and it caught fire in the process

The service manual can be found by googling "onkyo a-sv810pro service manual"

I'm not allowed to post URLs on this forum until I've made 15 posts, or I would have linked straight to the file.
Working...
X
=