Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combustion Bearings

I have seen reference to combustion motor bearings in model 22, the larger units I know have bearings as I have replaced lots of them.

I was told there are not bearings in the smaller heater combustion motors and you had to replace them but just read that there are in some motors.

Can you tell me again how you can tell? Most of the motors I have seen
    have rubber plugs where you can oil them.

Any information would be appreciated on this topic.

Thank you.

the M41 and up uses 608Z double sealed ball bearings. blowers that have rubber plugs use sintered bronze sleeve bearings and can be oiled. NEVER use wd-40. Use a light non detergent machine oil.

Comment

bearings and bushings

Mseacher,

All factory original M 21 and M22 combustion motors had bushings that could be oiled. Early M422’s had bushings. After about 1996 M422’s got bearings. I can not say for sure what replace motors for M21 and M22 had after 1996 but I would think they had bushings. My experience with M21’s and M22’s is that, if you oiled the bushings before they got too dry they would last forever. If you waited until they became dry and then oiled them, it was a crap shoot if they would run good. If necessary you can use a M422 motor in your M22.

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X
      =