Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer not drying completeley

I have a whirlpool front loading dryer model #GGW9250PW2, the dryer is not drying the clothes completely. I have to restart it about three times before they are truly dry. The front panel light never moves from sensing. I have completely cleaned out the exhaust vent on the dryer and the line front the laundry room to the outdoors. Any suggestions?

Try different setting

Try on just a timed dry setting. The results should indicted if it might be a heating problem or not.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

That seemed to work, thank you. Now, is that enough to determine what has gone bad and needs to be replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronp
        That seemed to work. is that enough to determine what has gone bad and needs to be replaced?
        No but it might just be caused by dirty sensor bars (see the following link) just inside the door. They can get 'gummed up' with residue from dryer sheets, lint, etc.

LINK > Dryer thermostats, safeties and sensors

Otherwise it might be in the electronic dryness control, the wiring to those sensors or a problem at the sensors themselves. Sometimes a coin, etc. can get jammed against them resulting in a short, rendering the moisture control useless.

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

Comment

Hi Dan, I took a look at the sensor bars. I noticed only the top one has an electrical connection on it. Should they both have one? Also, they look clean, but just to be thorough I want to clean them. What type of cleaner should I use?
          Thanks, Ron

Comment

I took a look at the sensor bars. I noticed only the top one has an electrical connection on it. Should they both have one?
            The dryer senses 'dryness' when wet clothes make contact between the two elements. Yes, each has to be connected to wiring to complete the circuit when wet clothing touches both together.

I want to clean them. What type of cleaner should I use?
            I'm not sure what Whirlpool recommends but I would think isopropyl alcohol would work.

JMO

Dan O.
            Appliance411.com

Comment

Hey Dan, I found the second wire for the dry sensor down inside that dryer housing. Once I Cleaned and installed it the dryer started operating like it should. Thanks very much for all your help and advice, you are the man!
              Ron

Comment

Fixed

I found the second wire for the dry sensor down inside that dryer housing. Once I Cleaned and installed it the dryer started operating like it should.
                Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
                Appliance411.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                =