Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair chip in steel tub so it won't rust

Hi guys, new to the forum but I have read a lot of the topics in the past. I have a quick question. I am installing a cheap steel tub and it has a small chip, very small chip around the inner rim of the drain from my installation. I know that these chips can rust when exposed to water, that is why before I continue the installation I want to repair this chip. I have heard people use a steel epoxy putty that works okay. Does anyone know of a good product sold at Lowes or Home Depot in the US that will work? I have heard of "fast steel" being used, but my Home Depot and Lowes don't carry that brand. I have some JB weld at home, but don't know if that can be used for this purpose.

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate any help.

Sounds like your installation is doomed from the start...

Seal it up but expect it to rust and need replacing before long...
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Both Lowes and HD sell a bathtub epoxy paint, (basically it's a way of repainting an old tub) it's not going to buy you a lifetime but it will buy you a few years if it's just a small chip in the enamel. Follow the directions.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =