Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank to Bowl Issue

I recently noticed my toilet was leaking from the tank to bowl seal and went out and purchased a new kit. I replaced everything per the kits instructions and was hoping my problem was solved however, the toilet is still leaking from the same area.

Are there any small things to look or check for on this tank to bowl seal that i should check, or would it be okay to apply a waterproof caulk to the gasket to ensure there are no leaks?

Any help would be appreciated, having to walk across the house in the middle of the night rather than using our master bathroom is starting to annoy both my wife and myself. Thanks.

everything in the kit should work. you don't need any silicone for the doughnut. Lazypup provided a good illustration to repair a tank to pot seal. in the kit should be the doughnut, two brass bolts, four brass nuts, four rubber gaskets and two steel or brass washers. the two bolts that hold the tank to the pot are arranged like this, a bolt, one rubber washer, go through the tank hole, another rubber washer, a nut. do this for the other side, then put the doughnut on the 2 inch plastic overflow pipe. place the tank on the toilet, then a washer and nut, both sides and wrench tighten both side equally.

Comment

If the correct seal kit was used and it was properly installed I'd suspect a crack in the tank. Have you looked for a crack?
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =