• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Art

This took 45 days at -25 to make.

Tom

water in your fuel

This is what happens when you have water in your fuel at -25.

Comment

M422 burner ring

This is what your M21,22 or 422 burner ring looks like after 5 to 7 years of service. You can see why the flame rod touches the ring.

Tom

Comment

M441 Fuel Nozzle

When you try to remove the fuel line from the burner pot you must be careful the pot has cooled off. Taking the line off when hot can cause the brazing to break. It takes 15 or more minutes for the pot to cool enough to take the fuel line off. When installing it again it is not necessary to tighten the fitting with all your might. Snug and a little more is just fine. If this fitting breaks it is very hard to braze back on at just the right angle. The angle has to be correct to make sure the fitting is centered in the hole in the combustion chamber. It also has to stick out far enough to reach the fuel line fitting but not too far to allow the fitting to bottom out. It takes a very good welder to make this connection. For all the hassle it is easier to just replace the pot with a new one.

Tom
        Attached Files

Comment

burner pot ?

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
          When you try to remove the fuel line from the burner pot you must be careful the pot has cooled off. Taking the line off when hot can cause the brazing to break. It takes 15 or more minutes for the pot to cool enough to take the fuel line off. When installing it again it is not necessary to tighten the fitting with all your might. Snug and a little more is just fine. If this fitting breaks it is very hard to braze back on at just the right angle. The angle has to be correct to make sure the fitting is centered in the hole in the combustion chamber. It also has to stick out far enough to reach the fuel line fitting but not too far to allow the fitting to bottom out. It takes a very good welder to make this connection. For all the hassle it is easier to just replace the pot with a new one.

Tom
          Just wondering if anyone has had any luck brazing the fuel inlet back into the burner pot? I've serviced and rebuilt these heaters for 13 years now and have never attempted to fix and old pot...ive always used new equip. I hqve dozens of pots in my shop with the inlets out ....it would be nice to try to fix some if feasible.

Comment

pots

go and take a tig welding class then buy a miller synchro weld machine.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	87118the original is brazed i believe if you are proficient at brazing i dont see why not. you may want to do a close inspection of the pot with the heat shield on the bottom removed and you may find that the pot isnt worth trying to repair.
              personally i would repair my own but something in a customers home? might want to take some time and think about that .
              Last edited by dfitz3390; 11-24-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

over heating

My stove over heats, what can I do? Is your fan and screen clean? Oh yah, they are good!!!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan blades.jpg
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	87131Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Cover.jpg
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	87132Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Motor.jpg
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	87133

Comment

shield

the middle picture doesn't look like something out of a monitor. that one looks like the top of a coleman catalytic heater.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =