Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Ultra Qiet 1 upper arm not working

Hello All,

According to the user manual the model number is MDB121, I used this sites "search " and did not find an instance that was identical to the problems I am having with my dish washer so I am posting my question. About two weeks ago, our dishes were not getting clean at all. So we reduced the amount of dishes we were putting in the machine, and I began studying the thing.
    Firstly; I noticed that at no time during the wash cycles was the water being heated by the heater element of the dish washer, I'm not sure if it is supposed to but since it’s not, the washing is being done at not too hot of a temperature.
    Secondly; there is no water being sprayed out of the top of the machine into the funnel for the upper spray arm.
    Thirdly; The user manual states that the wash cycles are supposed to be 89 minutes each. (heavy, normal, and light). It took only twenty minutes or so for the machine to cycle from heavy wash to normal wash and likewise for the machine to cycle from normal to light.

Before I timed the cycles, I pulled the machine out thinking the lack of water getting to the upper arm was due to a blockage. I ran the machine through a cycle and I watched the upper arm supply line, water only came 3/4 up the side of the machine, it never made it to the top. I disconnected the lines and was able to blow through them with absolutely no resistance at all, just like blowing into the air.

I wondered if there was an obstruction in the pump its self so I removed it and dismantled it and found no blockage.

I wired the pump to the machine and ran the machine from the heavy wash cycle. I metered all the solenoids and switches through the operation and the solenoids seemed to switch open and closed at the appropriate times. The water fill switch and solenoid worked as well. I timed the pump operation and it only ran for 15 min. at one speed. I thought that odd as the machine is supposed to run with cycles that last 89 min according to the user manual. I also thought it odd it only ran at one speed. The pump housing uses a ball that - depending on the speed of the pump places the ball over either the lower arm outlet or the upper arm outlet- If I am correct. Is there something wrong with the motor or the control board? Or, is the motor only supposed to run at one speed? If so am I wrong about the cycle times as well? I'm looking for anyone that may have an answer for me.
    Thanx

Model number incomplete

According to the user manual the model number is MDB121
    That model number is incomplete. The only reliable place the complete information will be found is right on the appliance's model and serial number identification tag as forum notice mentioned:

Forum Notice LINK > Please include the model number in your post

I noticed that at no time during the wash cycles was the water being heated by the heater element of the dishwasher, I'm not sure if it is supposed to
    The heater is usually only engaged in a 'sani' cycle or a heat dry option.

since it’s not, the washing is being done at not too hot of a temperature.
    The starting water temperature should be 120-140 deg. F. Are you running your sink tap until it runs "hot" before starting the dishwasher? Otherwise the dishwasher will start filling with wam (or even cool/cold!) water before actual "hot" will begin to fill the machine, diluting the temperature of the total wash water.

I also thought it odd it only ran at one speed
    I've never heard of a dishwasher with other than a one speed motor.

two weeks ago, our dishes were not getting clean at all.
    After a fill, how high is the water level in the tub compared to the heating element? It sould fill to just under the element.

Is the detergent being washed out of the dispenser after a wash?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
    X
    =