Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110V thermostat

I have a condo that has an in wall HVAC system with ducting to the various rooms, the building has the huge fan units mounted on a lower level roof top.
    The thermostat on my wall is the original one with a mechanical dial and no way of telling what temperature it is actually set at. I want to change this out for a digital model and I'm told that the thermostats are 110V.
    An online search for a thermostat now has me confused as to what will and wont work.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

a digital thermostat is usually low voltage for the control element while the switching network is a triac that operates at 120 volt. I'll look around and see what I can find and get back to you post haste!

SSHC, Inc. produces and distributes electric radiant heating systems and is the pioneer of ENERJOY I Heatmodules, the only radiant heating system with energy savings documented by the D.O.E. and N.A.H.B. SSHC believes that all heating systems should be specified in concert with building design and components. By providing local occupant thermal comfort, the most energy efficient heating system can be specified.
    Last edited by HayZee518; 01-25-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pushkins View Post
      I have a condo that has an in wall HVAC system with ducting to the various rooms, the building has the huge fan units mounted on a lower level roof top.
      The thermostat on my wall is the original one with a mechanical dial and no way of telling what temperature it is actually set at. I want to change this out for a digital model and I'm told that the thermostats are 110V.
      An online search for a thermostat now has me confused as to what will and wont work.
      another way you could go if you don't find what you want. put a transformer and relay in the system and then you could go with any of the 24 volt stats.
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =