Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pivot Shower Doors

Hey,

I am thinking about purchasing a couple of new pivot shower doors and was wondering what is the best way to install them properly making sure there are no leaks?

I have found some cheap ones from watermillbathrooms.co.uk that I would like to purchase.

Thanks in advance!

Does your door need to be a 1 panel or 2 panel? (1 sheet of glass or 2 - or more.)

Pivot Shower Doors | Watermill Bathrooms

Other sites (for your viewing pleasure. . . )
    BASCO is a leading manufacturer of glass shower doors and enclosures, sliding shower doors, custom shower doors, and frameless glass shower enclosures.
    Last edited by DuneMe; 02-06-2012, 11:06 AM.
    Mark
    Owner of 1 house (3200 SQ.FT., 4 car garage)
    Owner of 3 rental houses (partner with the bank.)

Comment

The OP is posting a link to a U.K based company, therefore either they are living in the UK and any answer given here would be of little relevance or they are simply posting a link to "their" website/store.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Re:

I would suggest first of all to follow manufacturer's installation manual for the specific door. If it's a respectable manufacturer, everything will be clearly explained in the manual. If the door still leaks after following manufacturer's manuals, I would suggest installing a shower sweep with drip rail to the bottom of your shower door. This will reduce, if not eliminate, the clearance underneath the shower door and prevent water leakage. This is especially effective on frameless shower doors, since there is minimal if any framing on them which allows for easy installation.

Also, this can never be said enough, "direct the water away from your glass shower door". No matter how tight the water seals are, the leakage cannot be prevented if a strong water pressure is directed right at the shower door.

Comment

I tried looking at home depot and lowes and couldn't find any either, any help?

Comment

You can find it on amazon. Search for "shower sweep with drip rails", there should be plenty of results.

Comment

"No matter how tight the water seals are, the leakage cannot be prevented if a strong water pressure is directed right at the shower door."

The Plumbing Codes prohibit installing a shower where the water is directed towards the door.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =