Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy garage door parts...

Need to fix my garage doors and wanted to know a decent place to buy parts. Lots of places come up with google, but wanted any recommendations...

I have a two(2) 7'6" doors. Need to buy 4 extension springs with a 140/145 lb capacity and eight (8) 3" pulleys.

Any recommendation on the brand of springs to buy?

Thanks. Later...

- Wayne

Lowes or Home Depot. California suppliers are reluctant to sell ANYONE a torsion spring because they can seriously maim or kill you.

Comment

Watching . . .

(You do need Extension Springs NOT Torsion Springs though right??? - only reason I ask is most houses built in the last 25++ years use the Torsion Springs.)

Extension Springs
      Garage Door Extension Springs

Torsion Springs
      Raynor Garage Door Torsion Spring 2-1/4" ID Replacement Kit comes w/ Cones, and Winding Bars

I'm sure you know what you are talking about here. . .

Yes, a spring Mfgr. / Wholesaler that will give us all good prices is wanted. In fact, they should choose to be a sponsor on here.
      Mark
      Owner of 1 house (3200 SQ.FT., 4 car garage)
      Owner of 3 rental houses (partner with the bank.)

Comment

Thanks. yes. I need Extension Springs and Not Torsion Springs.

That's interesting. My house is about 12 years old (2nd owner) and it came with Extension Springs. I never saw a Torsion Spring until a few months ago when we had to have the garage door replaced at a rental property. Live in VA near DC, so don't if they're slow to adopt or the developer was cheap or ???

Thanks. Later...

- Wayne

Comment

I would recommend that instead off purchase the yourself, You should look for a local garage door company to add them on to your garage door. I purchase that springs and couldn't put them on and I brought the wrong size. Cost me more money that way

Comment

garage door springs and all attached hardware is very dangerous due to extreme tension. Any work on these parts should be handled only with proper experience or by a professional.

Comment

Garage doors springs

The best way to buy new springs is to take your old springs to home depot and to buy exactly same garage doors springs

Comment

Just so you know . . . Home Depot doesn't even stock the Torsion Springs (not that you need them.) But, don't waste your time with a trip to Home Depot if you live in CA.
                Mark

Comment

OP said he needed EXTENSION SPRINGS. DuneMe, read the post!

Comment

HayZee:

Read my post. I do know that which is why I said (not that you need them.) . . .

I was just making sure the OP knew you couldn't get them at Home Depot in CA.

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                    OP said he needed EXTENSION SPRINGS. DuneMe, read the post!
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DuneMe View Post
                      HayZee:

Read my post. I do know that which is why I said (not that you need them.) . . .

I was just making sure the OP knew you couldn't get them at Home Depot in CA.

Again, why even make the comment if it is entirely irreverent to the OP's original question, he doesn't need them, didn't ask about them, therefore wouldn't even contemplate going to HD for something he didn't need or want.
                      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
                      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

We disagree. . .
                        I want to have as many people know about this as possible so someone can work to get the law reversed for CA.
                        If someone else reads the thread looking (for a solution for a bad spring of theirs) . . . They aren't something you can get at Home Depot (in all States.)

That is why I post this stuff. Hope you can understand.
                        Mark

Comment

First of all the OP lives in Reston Virginia so California wouldn't even apply.
                          Second the OP said Extension springs NOT torsion springs.
                          DuneMe you're going off on a tangent just like you did about that low voltage surround lighting posting.
                          Stay within the posting or get thrown out like before, please!
                          Go start your own repair forum, then you'll have total control!

Comment

You can always buy from box stores or shop online for parts. I recommend these two:

Stamps Garage Door Parts

DDM Garage Doors

Find the cheapest pricing you can - all the parts from reputable stores are the same quality...

Comment

DoorPartsWarehouse.com

Hi Wayne,

We are a proud, family owned company that has been in the overhead door and operator business since 1963. We bring to you 49 years of professional sales and service experience. Through those years, we have accumulated not only a vast knowledge of the door and operator industry but also many connections to reliable, reputable and major brand parts manufacturers. We are pleased to be able to offer you competitive pricing and quick shipment because of those connections.

There are many brands and many parts that we have not shown on our website but we do have access to. If there is something that you do not see, please contact us via email. Our employees will work hard to get the quality replacement parts you need to you quickly, allowing you to have your door and opener up and running as soon as possible.

DoorPartsWarehouse.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =