Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Refrigerator Ice Dispensor problem feeler arm

GE Profile Performance - 13 years old - TFX25PPBAAA - Ice Dispenser feeler arm drops most of the way down but stops just short of the home position & won't start the next cycle (no ice in the bucket). Will make ice if you push th earm to home position every time.

IceMAKER not ice dispenser

Ice Dispenser feeler arm drops most of the way down...
    I'm sure you're referring to the icemaker (which actually makes the ice) and not the ice dispenser that just dispenses that ice through the door.

If the icemaker shut off arm is loose, something inside the icemaker is defective. If you can determine what that is, parts *may* be able to be ordered (see the following link). Otherwise, replacing the whole icemaker would likely be needed.

LINK > GE TFX25PPBAAA Icemaker Exploded Parts Views

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Yes, I chose the wrong wording and meant to say Ice Maker. I'll ck that site for potential parts. I wasn't sure if maybe there was a sensor that controlled that or if it was more a mechanical part??? Looks like I may be out $160 or so to replace it. Thank You

Comment

the feeler rod rides on a cam that runs off a motor. at its uppermost position is a detent that locks the arm upward and closes/ opens a microswitch for batch start. could be the cam is loose. need to remove the icemaker to get at it.

Comment

I wasn't sure if maybe there was a sensor that controlled that or if it was more a mechanical part?
          Definitely mechanical. Hopefully you can determine the defective part and maybe just replace it.

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site
          =D~~~~~~

Comment

Looks like the plastic housing where the feeler arm enters was just wearing down. It has small (almos graphite looking) shavings . Tried to clean it up hoping that was just impeding it but no such luck. Still not coming all the way back down to the home position. Appears to just need to be replaced. THanks to Hazee518 & Dan O for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =