Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan not turning

My Monitor 2400 stopped working, i.e. error code E-14 and E-!3 keep coming up on reset. The fan does not spin. I hit reset, turn the Monitor on, hear a noise from a motor but the fan doesn't move, Two to three minutes later the Burn (orange) light comes on. I feel heat in the rear of the Monitor but the fan remains idle. The Burn light goes off and E-14 or E-13 appears.

also:

How do you get the cover off the Monitor Do I have to totally uninstall this thing to work on it?

Thanks,
    adkron

on the 2400 on the bottom left and right side is a chrome screw. remove these screws. pull on the bottom and the grill will come out. push down and out and it comes off. on the right side and left side are three screws. remove these and the inner grill will come off. the sheet metal is formed into hooks that go into the side panels. once off you have access to the blower, pump, air switch, computer microprocessor, flamerod, igniter cap and viewing window. did you clean out the sump filter? this will clog and give you the E-13 error

Comment

your id says adkron. I take it you are in the Adirondack park. I am too!

Comment

if the heater turns on, then the proving switches are all working and the combustion blower is running. the burn light is on means there is fire in the chamber. your circulation fan is not spinning and the plenum temperature gets too high so one of the two overheat switches open and shuts down your heater. then the e errors come in. the top most sensor starts the circ fan through the microprocessor.

Comment

Monitor 2400

Here;s a picture I took of my 2400 along with labels on its parts

Comment

M2400

You have a low fuel, no fuel or blocked intake pipe. You did not mention if you could see a flame in the pot? If you can and it is steady you may have carbon on the flame sensor. If you get a E14 message and restart your stove right away and you get an E13, you have a fuel problem. Start with the filter on the tank. Change it, clean the filter on the stove and confirm the fuel level.

Tom

Comment

Hawkins has hit the nail on the head. Either a fuel problem or carbon on the flame detector. Heater is not running long enough for the heater to get hot enough for the fan to come on.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =