Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liftmaster RPM sensor failed??

Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional model 2000SDR

Lightning took out the logic board and one of the safety sensors. Replacing these brought the system back to life, but now it only travels about 8 inches one way and then immediately travels back to its starting point. The up/down limit contacts are not involved and have been tested, etc. so the problem seems to be elsewhere. One person suggested testing the RPM sensor-the door short travels whether the sensor is plugged in or not. Is this how an opener with a failed RPM sensor behaves??
    BIG THANKS in advance
    CD

Did you try increasing the force adjustment?

Comment

hi norlando

Yes, thanks. I tried the adjusting the force.
      I ordered the RPM sensor this morning. A forum member had had a very similar description of his problem opener that the RPM sensor remedied.
      Wish me luck!!
      Best!
      -cd

Comment

If your rpm sensor is bad it will usually not reverse direction of travel.what position does the opener return to? Open? Does it consitently stop in the same position?

Comment

THANKS, ALL -It's working again!!

After replacing the RPM sensor the door behavior was un-changed. I tried the force setting *again* and this time it worked. ? Seems the original RPM senor was not allowing the force settings to adjust.

THANKS AGAIN!
          -cd

Comment

Just a little FYI,the rpm sensor only controls speed of travel, the force controls are in the circuit board and tell the operator how hard to push before the door reverses,not a related issue.Turning forces up allows the op to push harder without reversing.The best way to check for a failing rmp is to disconnect op from door and run by itself. If it only moves a couple inches and totally stops that is a good indicator of a bad rpm sensor,not a force issue .

Comment

circuit board

If you have the opener more than 10 years or more I highly recommend for you to replace the all garage door opener unit.
              It will save you a lot of time in the future

Comment

Originally posted by CHEDDAR DAN View Post
                Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional model 2000SDR

Lightning took out the logic board and one of the safety sensors. Replacing these brought the system back to life, but now it only travels about 8 inches one way and then immediately travels back to its starting point. The up/down limit contacts are not involved and have been tested, etc. so the problem seems to be elsewhere. One person suggested testing the RPM sensor-the door short travels whether the sensor is plugged in or not. Is this how an opener with a failed RPM sensor behaves??
                BIG THANKS in advance
                CD
                I have this exact same issue that happened. Lightning took out the main board. I replaced it last night, and door moves about 8" inches, then travels back to starting point. How do I know it's the RPM sensor? Anything else I can try? It's a Liftmaster ATS 2113x. I also took some videos I can post if need be and take more pics.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =