Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant SE-G

Good Morning,
    Hoping someone here can either help or point me in the right direction. I have a forced air gas furnace with air conditioning. The tag says that it is a quiteline by Bryant and was installed in 1971. The only model number I see looks like SE-G, but it was stamped and is rusty so I'm not sure. Heat has been working great before this morning. This morning the blower was running, but was blowing cold air. The pilot is definitely lit, but the main gas valve (sorry I know thats not the technical term) is not opening. I see something marked "Model 821 Relay" that is hot to the touch. Its not attached to anything that should be conducting heat to it, so I assume (perhaps wrongly) that that isn't normal.

Does anyone have any advice other than replace that old furnace? Is the type 821 relay even responsible for opening the gas valve?

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by kchristy View Post
    Good Morning,
    Hoping someone here can either help or point me in the right direction. I have a forced air gas furnace with air conditioning. The tag says that it is a quiteline by Bryant and was installed in 1971. The only model number I see looks like SE-G, but it was stamped and is rusty so I'm not sure. Heat has been working great before this morning. This morning the blower was running, but was blowing cold air. The pilot is definitely lit, but the main gas valve (sorry I know thats not the technical term) is not opening. I see something marked "Model 821 Relay" that is hot to the touch. Its not attached to anything that should be conducting heat to it, so I assume (perhaps wrongly) that that isn't normal.

Does anyone have any advice other than replace that old furnace? Is the type 821 relay even responsible for opening the gas valve?

Thanks,

Ken
    You would have to put the wiring diagram on here and maybe some pic of the control. You can check to see if you have 24 volts at the gas valve. If you do and the valve does not open then you have a bad gas valve. If a relay coil is made then it would get warm. Paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =