Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air handler will not blow

I have a Carrier air handler and a Bryant compressor/air conditioner about 6 years old that supplies cool or warm air to the second floor.

When I turn on my thermostat to cool the air handler will not blow air. The compressor will come on and the evaporator coil and refrigerant lines are very cold. I can hear that faint noise that comes from the coil/refrigerant lines when you know it is working. If I take both breakers out at the air handler, wait about 5 minutes and then put breakers back in fuse box the air handler comes on.

First time I did this, it blew for a few days, second time a day, third time until it reach the lower temp setting at the thermostat and now it comes on for a second and stops.

I turn the A/C unit off at the thermostat, there was ice/frost building up on the coils. I have the fan set to 'on' at the thermostat. The air handler will come about every 10 minutes blow air for about 5 seconds then stop. I left the system set to fan 'on', and woke up in the morning to fan blowing constantly. Currently the therm. set to A/C off and fan to on and blower comes on.

Model # for handler: FC4DNF036000AAAA
    Serial #: 3006A87948

It seems like capacitor problem, but then blower will come on. I don't see a capacitor. The wires from the blower motor, 1 goes to circuit board and 3 others go to this thing looks like a chunk of metal. On those same terminals are wires that run to circuit board. Is this a sensor?
    Last edited by dderrickson; 03-29-2012, 01:19 AM.

Is that a screw type of compressor?

Comment

Change out the circuit board. Paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =