Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam damage to the walls

I have a main floor bathroom wall that has started to develop mold and get soft. I thought the bathroom directly above it was causing the damage. I decided to tear out the wet drywall so I started with a small hole. After a couple of days one morning I opened the bathroom door and there was steam everywhere. No one had used the bathroom directly above it but both the shower in the other bathroom upstairs and the washing machine was running with hot water. I tore more of the wall out to find that the steam was coming from down low somewhere but cannot find any pipes or anything down there.

My question is, does anyone have any idea what this may be? There does not seem to be any damage below the area. Would it most likely be the hot water pipe or the drain? Could it be a somewhat stopped up drain.

I need help!!

Thanks,

Tim

What is below the main floor? Is it a basement? I doubt the drain is causing the problem. Does everything drain well? Perhaps the hot water pipe then? Where is the water heater? The problem with it coming from below is that I guess it could be coming from below to the left, below to the right, or who knows where else?

Have you found any leaking below the main floor? I am getting the impression that there may be a small leak in your hot water pipe somewhere.

Anyone else have any input? Let us know what you find!
    [?]
    Try

Comment

Working...
    X
    =