Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prices for Monitor parts

Monitor dealers and wholesalers have raised their prices dramatically in the last month or so. A dealer in Fairbanks has raised their price for Igniters by 70 percent. They now sell igniters for $205. A west coast wholesaler has raised their price across the board by almost 90 percent. My dealer in Bethel does not reorder any part that sells. They do say they can get most M422, M441, M2400 parts at this time. For the time being I can still buy what ever my dealer has at 2011 prices. He is now out of M441, M422 igniters, burner rings, burner mats and almost all electrical.

Looking at EBAY, I still see parts for reasonable prices. M22, 422 rebuild kits for $150 to $300. M41, 441, 2400 rebuild kits for $200 to $300. Igniters for M422 for between $50 and $150. Flue pipes (used) $50, new $125.00.

It is a good idea to do your home work before buying any proprietary Monitor part. Prices do range from the absurd to a reasonable deal depending on where you shop.

Tom

Stocked up!

I recently stocked up on burn rings for my 422 and 2200 in case the prices went up or parts got hard to find since I read that replacement parts production was scheduled to stop 2013 or 2014, forgot which. For my 422 and my son's 422 I now have 4 extra burn rings and a new burn pot. For the 2200 I have 2 extra burn rings and a new burn pot.

How long do the igniters and flame rods usually last? My 422 is 16 years old and has never needed either one. Should I buy an extra to have around just in case? Any other parts you'd suggest buying and having on hand?
    Last edited by FordMan59; 04-14-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

making your Monitor last

Igniters can last a long time. Mine has been in service since 1997. Clean fuel and stable voltage is very helpful. The burner rings time in service is increased many times by using the Economy Plus feature. The less your stove cycles, the less heating and cooling the pot and rings go through. As far as the flame sensor is concerned, it should last forever. The only things that can go wrong are a broken insulator or having the wire come off.

Good clean fuel is a must for longer life of the pot and the igniter. Change the filter on the tank every year. Clean the filter on the stove at the same time. Do not use fuel additives in home heating oil. They do more damage than good. If you have water problems get rid of the water by draining in the summer or replacing the fuel all together.

To protect your electrical use a line conditioner or voltage regulator. Tripp Lite has a good line conditioner that will handle 600 watts. The use of a cheap spike protector is no substitute for a good regulator. Don’t have your Monitor plugged into a socket that has a device with a large power draw, i.e. dryers, water pumps, compressors.

The use of Economy Plus is a very helpful feature. You do have to put up with a large temperature swing, which may be too much for some folks. If your stove is in a shop or utility room the feature should be used all the time. It allows the temperature to raise 12 degrees over the set for M422 and 8 degrees for M2200. Set your M422 to 55 and it will turn off at 67. This keeps the burner ring at a lower temperature as the heater will come on only briefly at Med and drop back to Low for the rest of the cycle.

The flame sensor should last forever. It will not “burn” away if the burner is in good condition. If you have to mess with the sensor to make the stove run, you have other problems as well and they will never go away until dealt with.

Stay warm,

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X
      =